This high-protein, grain-free bread makes a delicious breakfast option. You’ll need a food processor or blender to grind the pecan nuts to form a ﬂour-like consistency. The bread is best served warm or toasted, spread with a little coconut oil or nut butter.
Ingredients (makes 8)
● 300g/10½oz/scant 3 Cups pecan nuts
● ½tsp Cream of tartar
● ½tsp Baking soda
● 1tsp Cinnamon
● 4 Free-range eggs
● 1 Large ripe banana
● 2tbsp Light olive oil
● 1tbsp Maple syrup
● Place in a bowl with the other dry ingredients.
● Place the eggs, banana, oil and maple syrup in a blender and process
● Pour into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
● Spoon into a lined loaf pan.
● Bake at 180C for 40—45 minutes until ﬁrm to touch.
● Allow to cool for 5 minutes before turning out.