Updated: Apr 27, 2021
Ingredients: 1 tbsp coconut or olive oil, 1 medium onion, 2 cloves garlic, 2 celery sticks, 2 tsp ground cumin, 600ml hot water, 400g chopped tomatoes, 400g tin chickpeas, black pepper, ½ lemon.
1. Dice the onion, finely chop the garlic and the celery.
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan. Fry the onion, garlic and celery on a low heat for 10 mins to soften.
3. Tip in the cumin and continue to cook for a further minute.
4. Turn up the heat and add the water, tomatoes and chickpeas. Add a few twists of black pepper and simmer for approximately 10 mins.
6. Juice the lemon and add to the pan, cooking for a further 2 mins before serving.