Boost Your Immune System as we Move into Autumn with this Nutrient Dense, Easy-to-make Soup.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
300g leeks, sliced 2
1.5 litre water
½ green cabbage (sweetheart or savoy), shredded
150g green lentils, rinsed
1 large bunch parsley
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and lightly sauté the onion over a low heat.
2. Once soft and translucent, add the sliced leeks and sauté until soft.
3. Add the shredded cabbage to the pan along with the water and the green lentils.
4. Cook for 30 minutes until the lentils soften.
5. Add the spinach and parsley until wilted, then remove from the heat.
6. Allow to cool slightly before pouring it into a blender (in batches). Blitz for 60 seconds until the mix.
This soup is loaded with calcium, magnesium and vitamin D. So good for your bone health and immune support.